Churna Island Karachi
Churna Island Karachi Pakistan for many is nothing less than a hidden paradise located in the Arabian Sea Karachi. Charna Island place is best known and popular for Snorkeling and Scuba diving trips. Since the sea is calm with the absence of high tid…
Read more in English
Churna Island Karachi Pakistan for many is nothing less than a hidden paradise located in the Arabian Sea Karachi. Charna Island place is best known and popular for Snorkeling and Scuba diving trips. Since the sea is calm with the absence of high tides, so the best time to snorkel is now especially in the months of November till April. It is a natural phenomenon that the water seems & feels much warmer during the winters as compared to the summers.
Charna Island is located near Mubarak Goth, Kiamari Town in Karachi, Sindh, Pakistan. Churna Island is a small uninhabited island located in the Arabian Sea, about 9 km (5.6 mi) west of the mouth of the Hub river called “Manjhar Beach”, at the boundary between the provinces of Balochistan and Sindh. Charna is approximately 1.2 km (0.75 mi) long and 0.5 km (0.31 mi) wide. Charna is also locally known “Cheerno” and “Charna”. It is 6 km away from Mubarak Village.
Churna Island Season
In winters (September to April) Local and foreigner tourist use to visit for adventure activities like Snorkeling, Cliff Diving, Scuba Diving, Spearfishing, Fishing & Underwater photography with tour operator. Fishermen of Mubarak Goth go for fishing near the Charna Island Sindh Karachi Pakistan. There are many species of fish, crabs and lobsters. Anglers take boats to go Island from Mubarak Goth. Mubarak Goth is a second largest fishermen locality in Karachi, which lacks facilities including education, health, jetty, ownership rights and communication etc.
Churna Island Karachi Pakistan Quick Facts about (Charna Island)
- Churna Island is basically a Rock Island, it has no sand beaches
- Distance From Mubarak Village to Churna Island is 6 KM
- Distance from Manjhar Beach to Churna Island is 9 KM
- From center of the city to Manjhar beach its 50 KM
- Covered area is 1.2 km long and 0.5 km wide
- On Season is September to april (All winter months)
- Best time to go is November to February
- Activities possible are Sight seeing tour and water sports
- Average Tour duration is early morning to evening
- Night stay and camping is not possible
- Only island near karachi with crystal blue water
- Calm water due to mountain resisting wind and currents